Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have a small office in San Francisco and remote team members across US timezones. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for a climate account manager to help our customers succeed with Watershed as they embark on their journey to measure, reduce and report on their emissions. You start and end with our customers, and are excited to define how Watershed works with them.
- Be the face of Watershed with sustainability leaders at companies around the world.
- Become an expert in climate, and educate companies on how they should navigate the world of carbon reduction targets, clean energy, carbon removal, and decarbonizing their supply chain. You'll help manage all carbon purchases made through Watershed.
- Present a carbon reduction plan to a Watershed customer. You'll be the owner of your customers' carbon footprints and data, and will help them set aggressive and achievable targets.
- Help build the playbook for what a successful climate program looks like, and how Watershed can enable this — you'll shape Watershed's product strategy by sharing feedback from customers on the front line.
- Use data and industry research to help customers define their climate strategy.
- Foster long term relationships with customers.
You might be a fit if you:
- Think clearly about complex problems, and know how to use data to answer hard questions.
- Are an exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Have experience working in enterprise level client-facing work — you are professional and confident.
- Are passionate about solving climate change and excited to go deep with customers on the most effective solutions for them.
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We will have a hub office in San Francisco, and about two thirds of the team currently expects to work in that office post-COVID.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We're a COVID-cautious company, and we'll return to the office when it's known to be safe. In the meantime, we treasure every opportunity to socialize and collaborate safely. We've maintained an office in San Francisco where local employees can work one-at-a-time during COVID. We use its large outdoors space for optional socially distant gatherings, and prioritize team walks and park picnics as a tide-over during COVID.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through two to three conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. During these conversations, we'll agree together on a written plan of the interview process for your particular role. Usually this begins with a skill screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, or a portfolio review for a designer). We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.