Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have a small office in San Francisco and remote team members across US timezones. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for a business leader to help build Watershed from the ground up. You'll roll up your sleeves to work directly with customers to help them launch high-impact climate programs. You'll help us scale operations and form partnerships to enable low-friction decarbonization for businesses. And you'll build a go-to-market engine with the goal of bringing Watershed to as many businesses as possible.
Examples of things you might work on next week:
- Work with our data engineering team to scale our carbon accounting system, enabling us to calculate the carbon impact of every business.
- Sell Watershed to companies and support them as they onboard.
- Present a carbon reduction plan to a Watershed customer. You'll analyze their data, and help them set aggressive and achievable targets.
- Work with Watershed customers to reduce emissions—by buying clean power, funding carbon offsets, pressuring suppliers to cut carbon, or picking the lowest-carbon cement for a new building. You'll become an expert on carbon pathways for different industries and roll up your sleeves to help our customers execute.
- Build our clean power and carbon removal business: identify the most effective projects, partner with developers & registries, and help our customers fund high-impact portfolios.
- Help us launch Watershed and build our go-to-market engine.
You might be a fit if you:
- Have a track record of doing whatever it takes to get things done. You've accomplished things that others thought were impossible. You're relentlessly resourceful.
- Think clearly about complex problems, and love to dive into the data to answer hard questions.
- Are an exceptional communicator.
- Have a knack for sales and love working directly with customers.
- Are passionate about solving climate change and excited to go deep on the most effective solutions.
- Want to join a startup, take responsibility for the fate of the company, and move fast.
These are not hard requirements: far more important than what shows up on a resume, we're looking for smart, passionate, effective people to join the team. If you're interested in Watershed, we'd love to hear from you.
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We will have a hub office in San Francisco, and about two thirds of the team currently expects to work in that office post-COVID.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We're a COVID-cautious company, and we'll return to the office when it's known to be safe. In the meantime, we treasure every opportunity to socialize and collaborate safely. We've maintained an office in San Francisco where local employees can work one-at-a-time during COVID. We use its large outdoors space for optional socially distant gatherings, and prioritize team walks and park picnics as a tide-over during COVID.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through two to three conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. During these conversations, we'll agree together on a written plan of the interview process for your particular role. Usually this begins with a skill screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, or a portfolio review for a designer). We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.