Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have a small office in San Francisco and remote team members across US timezones. We hope that you'll be interested in joining us!
We're looking for an experienced technical recruiter to join us in growing Watershed! We are looking for someone creative and scrappy to work with us to build the team and culture of the company. We'll strategize together on whom to hire and how to hire them. You'll be the face of Watershed for candidates. We're looking for someone who:
- Is creative and scrappy — will hit the ground running at a small startup and will help build the company from scratch. Has extreme hustle.
- Is experienced at technical recruiting, working with senior engineers and engineering leaders.
- Wants to go deep on the climate space, Watershed's product, and our technical stack. We want you deeply involved in the overall business so that you can tell candidates about it.
- Has a track record of building diverse teams. Can spot great people who might be overlooked.
- Is able to connect with a wide range of people and help them connect with Watershed's mission and culture.
- Will be an opinionated partner and push us to the right decision.
What's your approach to remote work?
Watershed is hiring team members on all US time zones, and we're committed to growing a long-term distributed team. We will have a hub office in San Francisco, and about two thirds of the team currently expects to work in that office post-COVID.
What are Watershed's return-to-office plans?
We're a COVID-cautious company, and we'll return to the office when it's known to be safe. In the meantime, we treasure every opportunity to socialize and collaborate safely. We've maintained an office in San Francisco where local employees can work one-at-a-time during COVID. We use its large outdoors space for optional socially distant gatherings, and prioritize team walks and park picnics as a tide-over during COVID.
Do I need X years of experience, climate experience, etc.?
No, Watershed is hiring team members with a broad range of prior experience, and we'd love to talk with you regardless of yours. We prioritize mentorship on the job.
What's the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through two to three conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. During these conversations, we'll agree together on a written plan of the interview process for your particular role. Usually this begins with a skill screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, or a portfolio review for a designer). We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.